How I Spent My J-Rock Vacation

It's been a year and a half since I last posted something here. That's not because I've given up on Japanese music. Not in the slightest. It's because I've been swimming in other work for Otaku USA Magazine and HearJapan. Previous to that I was madly working for Japantor and the Japanator Radio podcast. (Oh, and I've been releasing music like a frothing loon.) Well, I've finally stepped away from all of those. (Not the music releasing bit. I've got four more albums to finish this year...)

But! You may have recently seen me pop up on CNN and/or Red Bull Music Academy talking about J-rock and J-pop. Both of these were really fun stories to work on and I hope to be doing more work like this from time to time.

Until then, I'll try and do the occasional fast post here in an effort to both keep myself fresh and to continue spreading the good word of modern Japanese music.

3 comments:

Jonesmnomes said...

Hey, just discovered your blog a month ago, have been exploring your vast library of Japanese music, ready for some new stuff!

Glad your back シ

Zac Bentz said...

Thanks! Glad you're finding new things. I hope to keep 'em coming. :)

Polaris said...

I was waiting patiently for you to come back ! I'm glad you did !